terça-feira, junho 06, 2006

Charles Menezes, remember him?

See just this Post & Comments / 2 Comments so far / Post a Comment /   Home
Next, Back, Thread Ahead: None Yet, Thread Back: Stones & Beatles, Saints & Sinners.

Click to Enlarge / Click para AumentarOne good thing about this blog for me is that I can go back and see what I was on about - I did that today.

Time goes on. Remember that this guy was shot numerous times in the head at point blank range while three or so of them had him pinned on the floor of a subway car. And remember that Ian Blair appeared to have been lying in the early reports.

Click to Enlarge / Click para AumentarOne thing I noticed today is that it was a woman, Commander Cressida Dick, who ordered the shots. This does not quite make sense to me - none of it does. The Guardian coverage also tells me that while it appeared likely that 10 officers would be charged back in January, it is now un-likely that any will be charged.

Click to Enlarge / Click para AumentarIn the Jornal do Brasil (which is where I saw it first) there is a brief article em Português - Domingo, 4 de junho: Chefe da Polícia britânica pode ser julgado pela morte de Jean Charles, (Sunday the 4th, British Police Chief could be charged for the death of Jean Charles); and in the Guardian Unlimited there is extensive coverage: Special report - Death of Jean Charles de Menezes.

Tags: , , , , .
Posted junho 06, 2006 8:21 PM by Blogger Margarida V /  

Hi
thank you so much for your visit, and I must tell you that I love manu chao.

Posted junho 11, 2006 10:38 AM by Blogger Mohammed UK /  

You will have heard about the British Muslim who was shot inside his house recently, based on suspicion. Fortunately, the injury was not life threatening.

The safety of the public is paramount, but there must be a better way than attacking innocent people??


Mohammed UK